ABOUT THE AQUATICS CENTER
Welcome to the Pool!
We are currently open for lap swimming and family swim. Hours are 7:00am-7:00pm daily. We also offer Aqua Fit classes, swim lessons and swim team. More classes and programs will be offered as time and county restrictions allow. See our pool schedule.
Reservations are required for the pool, to help us maintain social distancing as required by the Santa Clara County Public Health Department. Currently, the pool is available for members only (no guests please).
Currently active JCC members may book a reservation up to 7 days in advance. Please limit your reservations to 1 per person per day. Maximum 2 swimmers per lane (must be from the same household to share a lane). To ensure there’s space for all, we request that you limit yourself to 4 reservations per week.
If you’re an active JCC member, you can use the “My J” mobile app to make a reservation.
You must have an active JCC membership to use the pool. To activate your membership, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reservation Cancellation and No-Show Policy
Since pool time slots are limited, if you are unable to use your reservation, please cancel at least 24 hours in advance so that another swimmer may take your spot. All no-shows and late cancellations are subject to a $10 no-show fee.
Also, please note our Standby Policy: If a member doesn’t check in within the first 10 minutes of their reservation, we may give that time slot to another swimmer. This will allow as many people as possible to spend time in the pool. Thank you for understanding!
COVID-19 and Swimming
Take these small steps to ensure everyone’s safety at the pool :
• Wear a mask when you’re not in the water.
• Stay 6 feet apart from others, in and out of the water.
• Cover those coughs, do not spit in the water, and breathe away from others while in the water.
• Sanitize surfaces that are touched or shared frequently.
• Don’t share goggles and other gear.
Here’s what we are doing to keep the pool area safe and clean:
• All staff and participants are required to fill out a health screening form and get their temperature taken before entering the facility.
• All lap swim, swim team and aqua fit programs will have a 15 minute sanitizing time in between appointments.
• All swim lessons will have 5 minutes in between for replacement and cleaning of equipment.
• Teachers will wear face shields and wash hands in between each student.
• Only 2 lessons at a time will be offered, to ensure social distancing and reduce the number of students on deck.
• Swim team will be limited to the same 12 participants each day with cleaning time in between all groups.
• Aqua Fit will be limited to 12 participants per class.
• No lounging or sunbathing on pool deck.
• No changing in the locker rooms. Please come and leave in your swimsuit.
• Restrooms and outdoor showers are open.
• All guidelines and restrictions are per CDC guidelines.
Please review these short information sheets for more details:
Please note: According to the CDC, “There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, spas, or water play areas. Proper operation and maintenance (including disinfection with chlorine and bromine) of these facilities should inactivate the virus in the water.”
About The JCC Aquatics Center
The Aquatic Center’s swimming pool and wading pool are free for Full Center Members. Want to become a member? Contact our Membership Office. The main pool is heated to 82 degrees year round, and the children’s wading pool is heated to 88 degrees in the summertime. American Red Cross certified lifeguards are on duty at the main pool at all times. For more information, contact the Aquatics Office at email@example.com or 408.357.7428.
Pool Rules and Safety
Swimmer safety and pool cleanliness are our first priorities. Pool rules are intended to ensure that everyone stays safe and the water stays clean. Thank you for understanding!
Bringing a baby or small child to the pool?
Please note, the JCC’s “double swim diaper” policy requires that all children under the age of 4 wear two swim diapers, a disposable swim diaper AND a re-usable swim diaper. We know this may seem overly zealous (and we have received many lectures on the unfairness of this policy from indignant three-year-olds), but state law requires us to close the entire pool for cleaning if a child has an “accident,” and we do not want to spoil your fun or the fun of other swimmers!
Alerts About Pool Closings
State law requires us to close the pool for cleaning if certain types of contamination occur (see swim diaper policy above!). Want to receive a text alert on your cell phone letting you know if there’s a pool closing? Sign up for JCC text alerts.
Swim Test Policy
Any child under 18 wishing to swim in the deeper areas of the pool must pass the swim test. The swim test consists of 25 yards of safe/strong swimming across the pool, and 30 seconds of treading water. Anyone who does not pass the swim test must remain in the shallow area. Children ages 7 and under who have not passed the swim test must have a parent in the water with them, within arm’s reach, at all times.
Cancellations and Refunds
To cancel your registration in an aquatics program, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Note About Fees
If you are registering a child for an aquatics program, please note that the program fee is based on the child’s JCC membership status, not the parent’s JCC membership status. If the child is a Full Center Member, he or she receives the Full Center Member discount.
Members love our remodeled pool! Here’s a video that shows before and after pictures.