POOL SCHEDULE & RESERVATIONS
Welcome to the Pool!
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 7:00am-8:00pm, and Saturday & Sunday 7:00am-7:00pm. For holiday hours, click here.
Please note, the campus including the outdoor fitness center and pool will be closed on 1/17 and 1/20. We will still have virtual fitness classes on those days.
About The JCC Aquatics Center
The Aquatic Center’s swimming pool and wading pool are free for Full Center Members. Want to become a member? Contact our Membership Office. The main pool is heated to 82 degrees year round, and the children’s wading pool is heated to 88 degrees in the summertime. American Red Cross certified lifeguards are on duty at the main pool at all times. For more information, contact the Aquatics Office at email@example.com or 408.357.7428.
Alerts About Pool Closings
State law requires us to close the pool for cleaning if certain types of contamination occur (see the swim diaper policy on our Pool Rules page!). Want to receive a text alert on your cell phone letting you know if there’s a pool closing? Sign up for JCC text alerts.
A Note About Fees
If you are registering a child for an aquatics program, please note that the program fee is based on the child’s JCC membership status, not the parent’s JCC membership status. If the child is a Full Center Member, he or she receives the Full Center Member discount.
Members love our remodeled pool! Here’s a video that shows before and after pictures.
Reservations are required for the pool, to help us maintain social distancing as required by the Santa Clara County Public Health Department. Currently, the pool is available for active members only (no guests please) up to 8 days in advance with a limit of 1 reservation per person per day.
If you’re an active JCC member, you can use the “My J” mobile app to make a reservation.
To activate your membership, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reservation Cancellation and No-Show Policy
Since pool time slots are limited, if you are unable to use your reservation, please cancel at least 24 hours in advance so that another swimmer may take your spot. All no-shows and late cancellations are subject to a $10 no-show fee.
To cancel your registration in an aquatics program, please email email@example.com.
Also, please note our Standby Policy: If a member doesn’t check in within the first 10 minutes of their reservation, we may give that time slot to another swimmer. This will allow as many people as possible to spend time in the pool. Thank you for understanding!
Lap swim requires a reservation. You will have 45 minutes to swim. Please limit to 4 reservations per week. Currently we are allowing just one swimmer per lane (2 swimmers if you are from the same household). Use the “My J” mobile app to see the schedule and make a reservation.
(Wondering why we stopped allowing members of different households to share a lane? It’s because Santa Clara County is currently in the Purple Tier.)
Family swim times are Fridays from 3:00-4:30pm and Sundays from 2:00-3:30pm. The pool is divided into sections, each with their own table and place to supervise children. Each section has a pool edge to get in and out of.
Up to 6 members in the same household may share a pool section. The deep end, shallow end, recreation area and baby pool are available to reserve. For family lap swim, please reserve a lap swim lane.
The deep end is near the field, the shallow end is near the playground, and the rec area is the square by the stairs.
Please don’t bring meals, only snacks.
The Baby Pool and the Recreation Area are also available throughout the day to reserve. Check the My J app for available times.
Aqua Fit is offered on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday from 10:00am-10:45am, and Thursday from 6:00pm-6:45pm. Reservations are required and groups will be limited to 25. No congregating on the pool deck before or after, please.
Aqua Fit instructors are:
Sundays 10:00-10:45am with Marla Davies
Mondays 10:00-10:45am with Else Green
Wednesdays 10:00-10:45am with Deb Hedge
Thursdays 6:00-6:45pm with Lu Phillips
Fridays 10:00-10:45am with Marlene Suits
For more information about Aqua Fit classes, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swimmer safety and pool cleanliness are our first priorities. Pool rules are intended to ensure that everyone stays safe and the water stays clean. Thank you for understanding!
● Please shower before entering the pool.
● No running on the pool deck.
● No glass or alcohol on the pool deck.
● Let other swimmers know when you are entering a lane.
● Follow all lap swim etiquette rules.
● Children under age 4 MUST follow the “double up” policy. Disposable swim diapers and reusable swim diapers are required. No exceptions.
● Lifeguards do not watch the kiddie pool. You must supervise your children.
● No deck changing or diaper changing on deck.
● Long hair should be tied back or in a swim cap.
● Remove band-aids before entering the pool.
● Do not swim (or let your child swim) if you have had diarrhea within the last 72 hours.
● Enjoy safe play, no horseplay or otherwise unsafe behavior.
● Only Coast Guard approved floatation devices are allowed in the pool.
● Children in flotation devices in Lap pool must have parents within arm’s reach.
● All APJCC swimming equipment (kickboards, buoys, barbells, toys) are used for lap swimming and programs only. They may not be used during recreational swim.
● Swimmers are not allowed to throw objects in the pool.
● Proper swimming attire required to enter the water.
● This is a family environment. Please be cautious of the content of your conversations and actions.
● Lifeguards and management have the authority to enforce any unwritten rules as deemed necessary.
● If patrons do not follow the rules, they may be asked to exit the pool, or the facility.
Bringing a baby or small child to the pool?
Please note, the JCC’s “double swim diaper” policy requires that all children under the age of 4 wear two swim diapers, a disposable swim diaper AND a re-usable swim diaper. We know this may seem overly zealous (and we have received many lectures on the unfairness of this policy from indignant three-year-olds), but state law requires us to close the entire pool for cleaning if a child has an “accident,” and we do not want to spoil your fun or the fun of other swimmers!
Swim Test Policy
Any child under 18 wishing to swim in the deeper areas of the pool must pass the swim test. The swim test consists of 25 yards of safe/strong swimming across the pool, and 30 seconds of treading water. Anyone who does not pass the swim test must remain in the shallow area. Children ages 7 and under who have not passed the swim test must have a parent in the water with them, within arm’s reach, at all times.
COVID-19 and Swimming
Please take these small steps to ensure everyone’s safety at the pool :
• Wear a mask when you’re not in the water.
• Stay 6 feet apart from others, in and out of the water.
• Cover those coughs, do not spit in the water, and breathe away from others while in the water.
• Sanitize surfaces that are touched or shared frequently.
• Bring your own goggles, towel, water, and any other aquatics workout equipment you may need. Don’t share goggles and other gear.
Here’s what we are doing to keep the pool area safe and clean:
• All staff and participants are required to get their temperature taken and answer a health questionnaire before entering the facility.
• All lap swim, swim team, and aqua fit programs will have a 15 minute sanitizing time in between appointments.
• We ask all members to exit the pool at :45 and be off deck for cleaning by :50. Staff will wipe down all commonly touched surfaces between session times and prepare for the next group to arrive.
• No lounging or sunbathing on the pool deck.
• Please maintain 6 feet of distance between individuals who are not in the same household at all times.
• Gatherings on the pool deck are strictly prohibited.
• Please wear a face mask covering your nose and mouth at all times, except when showering or in the pool.
• Locker area is currently closed because our county is in the Purple Tier.
• All swim lessons will have 5 minutes in between lessons for replacement and cleaning of equipment.
• Teachers will wear face shields during lessons and wash hands between each lesson.
• Swim team will be limited to the same 12 participants each day with cleaning time in between all groups.
All policies and restrictions are per CDC guidelines.