YOUTH SWIM TEAM
The APJCC Swim Team, the Blue Dolphins, is a recreational, year-round team for youth ages 5-18. Swimmers are divided into three levels based on ability. Our focus is on FUN and FITNESS! Our professional coaches provide swimmers with clear goals and work on building technique and endurance. We usually compete with other teams in the area during the Spring and Summer season, but competitions are currently canceled in an effort to protect against the spread of COVID-19.
Swim Teams are currently available for participants for 1 or 2 day a week, monthly sessions. Each group’s practice is 45 minutes long, leaving 15 minutes for sanitizing in between. Due to current CDC guidelines, each child can only attend the one practice schedule they sign up for; your child must choose one or two day options and attend on that same day each week only. This helps us to limit the number of people your child comes into contact with. Must come for a minimum of 3 weeks out of the month and no proration available at this time.
- 2x a week option
- When: Monday & Thursday
- Team A & B Combo: 3:00-3:45pm
- Team B: 4:00-4:45pm
- Team A: 5:00-5:45pm
- Pricing: $105 Member/ $155 Non-Member per month for any team
- 1x a week options:
- Pre Comp: 1:00-1:45pm (only day Pre-Comp is available)
- Team B: 1:00-1:45pm
- Team A : 1:00-1:45pm
- Pricing: $65 Member/ $105 Non-Member per month for any team.
How to Sign Up
Please email the Aquatics Department at email@example.com to sign up.
Swim Team Prerequisites
Please see our Swim Lesson Levels chart for prerequisites.
Required Equipment: Swim team participants need only provide their own towel, goggles and swim cap.
Leave of Absence: Unlike other teams, the JCC doesn’t charge a fee to “hold your spot” on the team during months when you can’t participate. Just let us know in advance that you won’t be swimming that month.
Health and Safety Precautions
• Coach will wear face shield during practice and wash hands between each group.
• All staff have their temperatures taken daily and a daily health screening before entering the campus.
• All participants will need to complete the health screening and have their temperatures checked at the entrance each time they come to the campus.
• The same group will be practicing all month together. No mid-month add-on or changing of days.
• No prorating for missed days.
More Health & Safety Information
Please click here for the Swim Team Family Code of Conduct, which includes more health and safety information.