Note to JCC members: We are inspired by your dedication and consistency in workouts at the JCC! We wanted to remind everyone to please remain in your car until 5 minutes before your reservation. We understand the staff has been more lenient in the past couple of months, but now that we have added additional fitness areas and reservation time slots it is very important that we stay diligent about following these guidelines. Staff and member health and safety are our number one priorities and we are making every effort to ensure the JCC remains open so our members can continue to meet their health and fitness needs. As always, we will continue to monitor the situation and pivot as needed. We expect this to allow everyone enough time to get to their respective reservation areas on time. Thank you all for your feedback and patience as we get through this together!
Here are answers to some of the questions we’ve been asked recently:
- Is the indoor fitness center open yet?
Yes! JCC members now have access to the Indoor Fitness Center as well as the Outdoor Fitness Center and the Aquatics Center.
- Will the Outdoor Fitness Center remain open after the Indoor Fitness Center reopens?
Yes! JCC members can now make reservations for either outdoors or indoors.
- What hours are you open?
Fitness Center Hours (Indoor & Outdoor)
Monday-Friday: 7:00am-12:00pm & 3:00-8:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am-12:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am-7:00pm
Please note: the pool will close at 5:00pm on Sunday 9/27, the eve of Yom Kippur. The entire JCC will be closed all day on Yom Kippur (Monday 9/28).
- How do I make reservations?
If you’re an active JCC member, you can use the “My J” mobile app to make reservations for the pool, fitness center, and tennis courts, as well as for virtual group fitness classes. You can also make group fitness reservations on your desktop computer at apjcc.org/reservations. For personal training reservations, email email@example.com. For swim lessons and swim team, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I update my credit card?
If you need to update the credit card that the JCC has on file for you, please contact us at email@example.com and let us know the best phone number to call you to get your updated credit card information. Or call us directly at 408.357.7493 during business hours.
- Do you have new safety protocols and procedures in place?
Yes! We’ve made many adjustments for enhanced safety. There are hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipe stations throughout each area. We’ve trained our staff to monitor social distancing and to disinfect equipment between users and workout sessions. We’ve set up the schedule so there is time between reservations for our team to thoroughly clean and disinfect all equipment for the next users. In addition, members are reminded to use hand sanitizer (or wash hands for 20 seconds with soap and water) before and after touching fitness equipment, and are asked to please wipe down all equipment before and after use. Masks are required except when actively exercising outdoors. We ask that you bring your own water bottle and towel, and an exercise mat if you need one. Locker rooms are closed, so please come dressed in your workout clothes or swimsuit. And please note, we’re doing temperature checks and a brief health screening each time you enter our campus.
- Is the pool water safe?
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), chlorine kills COVID-19, so pool water should be safe.
- Are you going to open preschool in the fall?
Yes, preschool started on its regularly scheduled date of September 1.
- Will virtual programs continue?
Yes, we will continue online programs for those who prefer not to come to the campus in person.
- What is your COVID-19 exposure response plan?
In the event of a direct COVID-19 exposure at the JCC, the following measures will be taken:
- Details regarding the COVID positive person’s location in the building will be reported to the JCC Director of Operations and the JCC Human Resources Director who will then notify the Levy Family Campus Facility Director to begin disinfecting of spaces and equipment, in accordance with CDC and Santa Clara County Public Health Department protocols.
- The JCC will use appropriate measures to notify anyone who may have been exposed at the JCC to the person who tested positive for the virus. No personal details regarding the infected person’s identity will be shared.
- Any space occupied by the COVID positive individual and any equipment that they used will be placed off-limits for 24-48 hours in order to properly clean and disinfect.
- If a JCC program participant or staff member has been diagnosed with or in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, we will follow guidance from the Santa Clara County Public Health Department to determine when the participant or staff member can return to the JCC.
For details about the pool, tennis courts, and personal training, please review these short information sheets:
For information about the Outdoor Fitness Center, please watch this video.
If you have more questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many JCC services and classes are now available online. See the JCC Virtual Experience page for details.