Fitness Center Updates
New Fitness Hours
Starting Monday, November 23, our new fitness hours will be 6:00am-8:00pm Monday-Friday. We will be closed from 2:30-3:00pm for cleaning. Weekend fitness center hours will continue to be 7:00am-12:00 noon.
Pool hours won’t change.
Santa Clara County Enters Purple Tier as of 11/17/20
Since our county is now in the Purple Tier, indoor fitness is closed. Indoor restrooms remain open, but locker rooms and showers are closed. The outdoor fitness center and pool remain open, but pool lockers are closed.
Because we’ve entered the Purple Tier, we won’t be allowing people to share lap lanes at the pool (unless you’re in the same household).
Here are answers to some of the questions we’ve been asked recently:
- What’s open?
JCC members currently have access to the Outdoor Fitness Center and the Aquatics Center. We’re offering more than 50 virtual as well as a variety of in-person pop-up group fitness classes. Locker rooms, showers, steam rooms, saunas, and the Indoor Fitness Center are closed under the county’s shelter-in-place order.
- What hours are you open?
Fitness Center Hours (Indoor & Outdoor)
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am-12:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am-7:00pm
- How do I make reservations?
If you’re an active JCC member, you can use the “My J” mobile app to make reservations for the pool, fitness center, group fitness classes, and tennis courts. You can also make group fitness reservations on your desktop computer at apjcc.org/reservations. To book personal training appointments, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For swim lessons and swim team, email email@example.com.
- How do I update my credit card?
If you need to update the credit card that the JCC has on file for you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the best phone number to reach you. Or you can call us directly at 408.357.7493 during business hours.
- Do you have new safety protocols and procedures in place?
Yes! We’ve made many adjustments for enhanced safety. There are hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipe stations throughout each area. We’ve trained our staff to monitor social distancing and to disinfect equipment between users and workout sessions. We’ve set up the schedule so there is time between reservations for our team to thoroughly clean and disinfect all equipment for the next users. In addition, members are reminded to use hand sanitizer (or wash hands for 20 seconds with soap and water) before and after touching fitness equipment, and are asked to please wipe down all equipment before and after use. Masks are required except when actively exercising outdoors. We ask that you bring your own water bottle and towel, and an exercise mat if you need one. And please note, we’re doing temperature checks and a brief health screening each time you enter our campus.
For details about the pool, tennis courts, and personal training, please review these short information sheets:
- New Fitness & Aquatics Operating Procedures
- Pool Rules
- Swim Lessons
- Swim Team
- Aqua Fit
- Personal Training
Note to JCC members: We are inspired by your dedication and consistency in workouts at the JCC! We wanted to remind everyone to please remain in your car until 5 minutes before your reservation. We understand the staff has been more lenient in the past couple of months, but now that we have added additional fitness areas and reservation time slots it is very important that we stay diligent about following these guidelines. Staff and member health and safety are our number one priorities and we are making every effort to ensure the JCC remains open so our members can continue to meet their health and fitness needs. As always, we will continue to monitor the situation and pivot as needed. We expect this to allow everyone enough time to get to their respective reservation areas on time. Thank you all for your feedback and patience as we get through this together!
In the event of a direct COVID-19 exposure at the JCC, the following measures will be taken:
- Details regarding the COVID positive person’s location in the building will be reported to the JCC Director of Operations and the JCC Human Resources Director who will then notify the Levy Family Campus Facility Director to begin disinfecting of spaces and equipment, in accordance with CDC and Santa Clara County Public Health Department protocols.
- The JCC will use appropriate measures to notify anyone who may have been exposed at the JCC to the person who tested positive for the virus. No personal details regarding the infected person’s identity will be shared.
- Any space occupied by the COVID positive individual and any equipment that they used will be placed off-limits for 24-48 hours in order to properly clean and disinfect.
- If a JCC program participant or staff member has been diagnosed with or in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, we will follow guidance from the Santa Clara County Public Health Department to determine when the participant or staff member can return to the JCC.
If you have more questions, please email email@example.com.