Welcome to the Pool!
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 7:00am-8:00pm, and Saturday & Sunday 7:00am-7:00pm. For holiday hours, click here.
About The JCC Aquatics Center
The Aquatic Center’s swimming pool and wading pool are free for Full Center Members. Want to become a member? Contact our Membership Office. The main pool is heated to 82 degrees year round, and the children’s wading pool is heated to 88 degrees in the summertime. American Red Cross certified lifeguards are on duty at the main pool at all times. For more information, contact the Aquatics Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408.357.7428.
For a printable Aquatics Center schedule, click here.
For Swim Lesson information, click here.
For Swim Team information, click here.
Lap swim is anytime there are available lanes when there are no programs. Some programs do not require the whole pool. Use the “My J” mobile app , printable PDF calendar, and the calendar above to see the schedule
Aqua Fit is offered on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday from 10:00am-10:50am, and Tuesday and Thursday from 6:00pm-6:50pm.
Reservations are required and groups will be limited to 35. No congregating on the pool deck before or after, please.
Aqua Fit instructors are:
Sundays 10:00-11:00 am with Marla Davies
Mondays 10:00-11:00 am with Else Green
Tuesdays 6:00-7:00 pm with Lu Phillips
Wednesdays 10:00-11:00 am with Deb Hedge
Thursdays 6:00-7:00 pm with Amy Gardner
Fridays 10:00-11:00am with Debora Cohen
For more information about Aqua Fit classes, contact email@example.com.
Swimmer safety and pool cleanliness are our first priorities. Pool rules are intended to ensure that everyone stays safe and the water stays clean. Thank you for understanding!
- Please shower before entering the pool.
- No running on the pool deck.
- No Diving or jumping in from the edge of the pool.
- No glass or alcohol on the pool deck.
- Let other swimmers know when you are entering a lane.
- Follow all lap swim etiquette rules.
- Children under age 4 MUST follow the “double up” policy. Disposable swim diapers and reusable swim diapers are required. No exceptions.
- Lifeguards do not watch the kiddie pool. You must supervise your children.
- No deck changing or diaper changing on deck.
- Long hair should be tied back or in a swim cap.
- Remove band-aids before entering the pool.
- Do not swim (or let your child swim) if you have had diarrhea within the last 72 hours.
- Enjoy safe play, no horseplay or otherwise unsafe behavior.
- Only Coast Guard approved floatation devices are allowed in the pool.
- Children in flotation devices in Lap pool must have parents within arm’s reach.
- All APJCC swimming equipment (kickboards, buoys, barbells, toys) are used for lap swimming and programs only. They may not be used during recreational swim.
- Swimmers are not allowed to throw objects in the pool.
- Proper swimming attire required to enter the water.
- This is a family environment. Please be cautious of the content of your conversations and actions.
- Lifeguards and management have the authority to enforce any unwritten rules as deemed necessary.
- If patrons do not follow the rules, they may be asked to exit the pool, or the facility.
Bringing a baby or small child to the pool?
Please note, the JCC’s “double swim diaper” policy requires that all children under the age of 4 wear two swim diapers, a disposable swim diaper AND a re-usable swim diaper. We know this may seem overly zealous (and we have received many lectures on the unfairness of this policy from indignant three-year-olds), but state law requires us to close the entire pool for cleaning if a child has an “accident,” and we do not want to spoil your fun or the fun of other swimmers!
Swim Test Policy
Any child under 18 wishing to swim in the deeper areas of the pool must pass the swim test. The swim test consists of 25 yards of safe/strong swimming across the pool, and 30 seconds of treading water. Anyone who does not pass the swim test must remain in the shallow area. Children ages 7 and under who have not passed the swim test must have a parent in the water with them, within arm’s reach, at all times.
COVID-19 and Swimming
Please take these small steps to ensure everyone’s safety at the pool :
• Wear a mask when you’re in the locker rooms or less than 6 feet away from another member.
• Stay 6 feet apart from others, in and out of the water.
• Cover those coughs, do not spit in the water, and breathe away from others while in the water.
• Bring your own goggles, towel, water, and any other aquatics workout equipment you may need. Don’t share goggles and other gear.
All policies and restrictions are per CDC guidelines.
Members love our remodeled pool! Here’s a video that shows before and after pictures.