BodySpec at the JCC
BodySpec will be coming to JCC Los Gatos on Monday, February 25, from 8:00am to 1:00pm! BodySpec performs body fat and body composition testing using a truck equipped with a DXA scanner. In a fully clothed 10-min scan, you’ll learn more about your body than you’ve ever known. The cost is just $45 per scan.
BodySpec brings medical-grade body composition technology, used by professional athletes, to you at an affordable price. Our scanners measure body fat, muscle, and bone, not only on a whole-body but also a regional basis. Check out a sample report or BodyScan’s video.
Why scan with BodySpec?
BodySpec scans are comprehensive and individualized snapshots of your body that give you the information you need to:
– Pinpoint the exact impact of a new training or diet plan
– Track progress over time, down to exact muscle and fat changes in different areas of the body
– Optimize your training to suit your body’s specific needs
– Compare your bone density to others like you
– Identify long-term health risks
The 10-min scan is done fully clothed. Wear your workout clothes. No getting wet and no pinching! Just lie down on the scanner and relax!
How to Sign Up
– Simply click on your preferred appointment (green slots are available).
– If you’re a previous client, log in.
– Select your scan package.
– Fill out the payment and account info and then complete your intake form. (If on a shared computer, log yourself out before the next person signs up.)
2. If you need to reschedule, simply log back into www.bodyspec.com anytime 24 hours before your appointment. Cancel your appointment and make another at your convenience.
3. On scan day, the BodySpec truck arrives at the JCC parking lot. You show up for your appointment wearing clothes with no metal (workout clothes work great!)
4. Each client lies down on our scanner for 10 minutes. Afterward, you’ll receive a 10-min consultation with BodySpec’s fitness experts, so you understand your scan results. The whole appointment takes about 20 minutes.
5. Digital PDF copies of these results are uploaded into your account on the BodySpec website for you to access anytime!
BodySpec prices are:
$45 per 1 scan
$85 per 2 scans
$170 per 4 scans
You can split the 2-scan package with friends or family. Just have one person book both scans under his/her name, and then email [email protected]
The scanner performs a very weak x-ray with radiation exposure equal to that from eating four bananas. BodySpec cannot scan pregnant women or individuals over 350 lbs due to scanner restrictions. Also, BodySpec asks clients to refrain from wearing metal to ensure the accuracy of bone density readings. However, if you have metal that you cannot remove, you can still scan without a problem.
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions or need help. We look forward to seeing you at the truck!
If you have questions for the JCC about this program, email [email protected].