PROGRAMS IN HEBREW
Programs coming up this fall include a movie club, “Acteen” class (improvisation for middle schoolers), teen club (for high school students), sing-alongs, storytelling, and concerts.
- Save the date for a concert November 16 at 8:00pm with the Peatot singing Israeli hits from the 1970s and 1980s. Get tickets at www.eventbrite.com/e/72439716141.
- Check out our movie series: www.eventbrite.com/e/69241096985
For more information about programs for Hebrew speakers at the JCC, contact Shavit Kaner Levinson at email@example.com.
Thank You To Our Sponsors
Programs for the Silicon Valley Israeli community at the JCC are supported by generous funding from the Arcadia Foundation. Jewish Peoplehood Initiative support by Koret Foundation, Taube Foundation for Jewish Life & Culture, and the Jewish Federation of Silicon Valley.
Beged Kefet Hebrew Language School (for grades K-12)
Registration for the 2019–2020 school year is open. Click here to register now and ensure your child’s place in our classrooms.
Beged Kefet is a Hebrew language afterschool program for students in kindergarten through high school. It opened in September 2008 in response to the local community’s need and has been headquartered at the Oshman Family JCC in Palo Alto since September 2009. Beged Kefet operates satellite campuses at the JCC in Los Gatos, and in Sunnyvale and Foster City.
Beged Kefet’s purpose is to teach the fundamentals and improve the knowledge of Hebrew throughout the four language skills—reading, writing, speaking and comprehension. In addition to teaching the language, we emphasize and incorporate learning about Jewish holidays and Israeli culture in our curriculum, as well as integrating family activities in the different grade levels.
We offer multiple-level high school classes. Students who take these classes are eligible for credit towards the high school foreign language requirement and prepare for the SAT II in Hebrew.
Beged Kefet is a place where your child will understand and speak Hebrew, meet with other Hebrew-speaking children, and be exposed to and experience Israeli culture and Jewish holidays. Our school is a place for the whole family; parents and siblings take an active role in classroom celebrations and school-wide events. Beged Kefet is a home for the Israeli community and strives to be more than just a school at which to learn Hebrew.
What will your child get at Beged Kefet?
- Learning all four skills in the Hebrew language through content that includes Israeli and Jewish culture
- Diverse experiential learning—through literature, movies, current events, cultural activities and the use of different media tools to enrich knowledge and communication skills in Hebrew
- A social-cultural-educational environment for Jewish and Israeli teens, with the opportunity to enjoy the many rich activities offered by the OFJCC
- Small classroom size, a warm and welcoming atmosphere, personal attention and modification of the curriculum to the student’s personal progress, certified and experienced teachers
Please contact Beged Kefet by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly through Beged Kefet’s Headmaster, Shuli Zilberfarb Sela at email@example.com, with any questions or concerns that you might have.
The APJCC is proud to be a part of the Initiative on Jewish Peoplehood, co-funded by the Koret Foundation and the Taube Foundation for Jewish Life & Culture, and supported further by the Jewish Federation of Silicon Valley and other generous supporters.