The JCC offers a variety of events throughout the year, open to the public. Many of these events are free or low cost. Watch the JCC’s Event Calendar for details. Or contact [email protected] for more information.
Annual community events include:
- Float Nights – Free pool party barbecues in June and July
- Yoga on the Green – A day of yoga on the JCC’s field, to celebrate National Yoga Month in September
- Harvest Barbecue – Free barbecue in the JCC sukkah (harvest booth) to celebrate the autumn holiday of Sukkot in September or October
- Annual Gala – Formal dinner with a fun theme, dancing, and an auction in support of JCC programs, every November. This is a fundraising event for the JCC.
- Los Gatos Art Association Annual Show – Every November through January. Free admission to this juried show of some of the best artists in our local area. Hosted in the JCC’s 2nd floor art gallery hall.
- Menorahs and Miracles – A cultural celebration of Hanukkah at the Children’s Discovery Museum on the first Sunday in December. Hanukkah activities are included with museum admission. This program is a partnership between the museum and the JCC.
- South Bay Teen Idol – South Bay Teen Idol is an American-Idol-style singing competition for teen vocalists in 8th-12th grades. Auditions are in January, the semi-finals are in late winter, and the finals are in early spring. The entire community is invited to watch the contestants in the semi-finals and finals in the APJCC Auditorium.
- Fitness Open House – The public receives complimentary admission to the JCC’s fitness and aquatics facilities for a week every January. The 2018 Fitness Open House is January 7-14.
- Jewbilee Day of Learning – The JCC’s annual day of Jewish learning, usually the last Sunday in January. Classes and workshops on a variety of topics related to Jewish culture, history, and more. This year’s Jewbilee is January 28.
- Pilates on the Green – A day of Pilates on the JCC’s field, to celebrate National Pilates Month in May.
- Silicon Valley Jewish Music Festival – A day of Jewish music and food on the JCC’s field. Bring a blanket or a lawn chair to sit on. You don’t have to be Jewish to love this festival!