APJCC Employee Information Page
- Looking for Paycom? You’ll find the Paycom Employee Portal at www.paycomonline.net/v4/ee/web.php/app/login.
- The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act) requires certain employers to provide their employees with paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19. These provisions will apply from April 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020. Click here for a brochure that gives details (PDF format).
- Want to take a leave of absence under the Expanded Family and Medical Leave (EFML) program? Fill out this form.
- Mental Health Resources to help us navigate this challenging time.
- Silicon Valley Strong lists ways to give help or get help in the South Bay.
Navigating Our New “Distance” Relationship
What to Expect If You’re on APJCC Furlough
IMPORTANT! You are still a current and highly valued APJCC employee. This furlough arose from no fault of your own – we will be back together soon. Here is an APJCC Furlough FAQ that may answer some of your questions.
Please make sure that while we are apart you take good care of yourself, and keep updated using some of the resources we will provide on this employee webpage. For now, let’s get going on setting up your benefits.
Using the Online EDD Account system is the fastest way to get your benefits started and manage throughout this period. Here is a flyer on how to do that: https://edd.ca.gov/pdf_pub_ctr/de2338h.pdf
File your claim. Claims always start on a Sunday, so use the Sunday closest to the time that you are starting your benefit period. So, for folks furloughed the week of April 12 – use April 12.
If you are in the group that is furloughed at the end of the day April 24, use April 26th.
You can apply online https://www.edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/UI_Online.htm (here’s the YouTube tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQKrICx80H8&feature=youtu.be). You will need to have available the following information:
- Your name and social security number.
- Your address.
- Your state-issued I.D. number – that’s your social security number when you first sign up but then, the EDD will issue you a Customer ID number, which you will get in the mail – keep that letter – you’ll need that number throughout your claim period;
- The date you last worked for any employer.
- Your last employer’s information, including their name, address, and phone number:
Addison-Penzak Jewish Community Center of Silicon Valley
14855 Oka Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
- Information about all employers you have worked for in the past 18 months.
- Reasons as to why you are no longer employed – the reason is COVID-19 Business Closure.
- Whether you are receiving, or expect to receive, any payments from your past employers.
- Whether you are available and able to work; and
- Whether you have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Your work history and income from the last 18 months. IMPORTANT! Even though you are on furlough, you can still login to the APJCC’s PayCom Self-Service Portal and get your compensation information. https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ee/web.php/app/login
- If you do not know your PayCom Employee Self-Service login, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll reset it for you.
What to Expect After You File Your Claim – You will be mailed important information about your claim and the UI program. Be sure to read and respond to all requests to avoid payment delays.
You will receive these documents in the mail within two weeks of filing your claim:
- Notice of Unemployment Insurance Claim Filed (DE 1101CLMT) (PDF)
An overview of the information you provided when you filed your claim. Contact UI within 10 days of the Mail Date if any information is incorrect. Reporting incorrect information may result in a disqualification, overpayment, or overpayment penalty.
- Notice of Unemployment Insurance Award (DE 492Z) (PDF)
Your weekly benefit amount and maximum claim amount based on wages reported by your employer(s). Contact UI within 30 days of the Mail Date if any information is incorrect.
- Employment Development Department Customer Account Number Notification (DE 5614) (PDF)
Your EDD Customer Account Number (EDDCAN) is required to register for UI Online and may be used instead of your Social Security number when speaking with the EDD.
- Unemployment Insurance Benefits: What You Need to Know (DE 1275B) (PDF)
Important information about eligibility requirements for UI benefits and a step-by-step guide to certifying for ongoing UI benefits.
- Continued Claim (DE 4581) (PDF)
Use this form to certify for continued benefits every two weeks. You can also certify through UI OnlineSM or EDD Tele-CertSM.
Receive Your Benefit Payments
When your first benefit payment is available, you will receive an EDD Debit CardSM in the mail. Once you activate the card you can track, use, and transfer your benefit payments.
Payment information is updated daily and is available through your UI Online account or by calling the UI Self-Service Phone Line at 1-866-333-4606.
Prepare for a Possible Phone Interview
During this pandemic, I am unsure whether you will be asked to give an interview by phone. The EDD sometimes does this if they need additional information. Since we are notifying the EDD, I do not think they will need to talk to you, but just in case – please know that the EDD will contact you and set a time with you. You will be notified of the date and time by mail and receive sample questions the interviewer may ask. Contact UI if you need to reschedule your phone interview.
Important: If for some reason an interview is requested – do not miss the call. It could impact your benefits.
Government Stimulus Check
Track the status of your stimulus check directly on the IRS website. Here is the link: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment
General Financial Assistance
County of Santa Clara: 1-877-96-BENEFITS or 1-877-962-3633
General Assistance Office
1919 Senter Road
San Jose, CA 95112
County of Santa Cruz: https://santacruzhumanservices.org/EmploymentBenefits/GeneralAssistance/WhatisGeneralAssistance
1020 Emeline Avenue, Building B
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
County of San Mateo: https://hsa.smcgov.org/financial-assistance
Human Services Agency
2415 University Avenue
East Palo Alto, CA 94303
Forbearance Assistance During COVID-19 Shelter-in-Place
The following credit card companies have programs which may grant payment time extensions or penalty waivers. Some have said that they will defer or reduce your payments during COVID-19 hardship, and waive cash advance, insufficient funds, overdraft protection and late fees for 60 days from the time you notify them. Some are also protecting your credit by preventing negative credit reporting.
Go the cards’ customer service online platform and request help – or try the number on the back of your card.
- American Express
- Bank of America®
- Capital One
- Goldman Sachs (Apple Card)
Cell phone bills:
Verizon and AT&T are granting deferrals on cellular bills.
Rutledge & Associates (Richard K. Rutledge)
Attorneys at Law
1200 Pacific Avenue, Suite 235
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
“I’m happy to extend a 15 minute pro bono consult to the staff of the APJCC to help with penalty waivers, or forbearance programs during the COVID-19 shelter in place.” – Richard Rutledge
For Those Who Have Returned To Work
We are so happy to have you back!
Some of you had asked how to tell EDD you are back to work and they can stop sending the unemployment benefit. In normal circumstances, the EDD records your “certifications” of status and then stops sending money to your debit card based on that information.
We have received word that the system is overloaded and is not generating those certification requests. Accordingly, for unemployment insurance claimants certifying for weeks ending March 14 through May 9, 2020, you’ll have to self-notify the EDD that you are back to work.
To do that, go online to AskEDD at this link: https://askedd.edd.ca.gov/
Unemployment Insurance Payments
“EDD Paid Me and I Returned to Work, Need to Report Wages.”
Fill out the form and click Submit.
I am sorry about this inconvenience but our entire state is straining to manage all of these new systems. Thanks for doing this. Let us know if you have any problems. You can email us email@example.com.